Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Maria - the first champion from Russia!

Maria Sharapova became the first champion from Russia, and only the second player to win the title on her debut in the event.


Maria Sharapova



``I was thinking, `Oh my God, I'm not going to be out six months. I do not want this,''' she said. `Just go easy.' I wasn't going to go for any big serves. It's not worth it with the new year coming around the corner. I was just really trying to chill.''


Maria Sharapova



Maria earned $1 million - tying the U.S. Open winner's check - for the second major title of her career. As well as the winner's cheque, Maria Sharapova also received a new car to donate to charity. She received a new SUV worth $56,300.
She said she planned to give the car or proceeds from its sale to the survivors of the September hostage-taking in Russia that left more than 300 people dead, half of them children.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs