Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Saturday, February 26, 2005

Maria wins Doha final !

Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova won her second WTA Tour title this month, rallying past Alicia Molik of Australia 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 Saturday in the Qatar Open final. Mariai second seed prevailed over the Australian fourth seed 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 in an intense final to claim the 94,000 dollar top prize and jump to number three in the WTA rankings.


Maria Sharapova



"It was a great match with lots of tense moments," said the Russian star. "I couldn't do anything in the first set because Alicia played so well." Molik broke second-seeded Maria Sharapova in the third game for the first set , and appeared headed for her second title of 2005 after winning in Sydney last month.
But a fired up Maria Sharapova produced two vital service breaks to even the set score, and in the decider, the 17-year-old returned extremely well to break Molik in game five and hold serve, closing the final with an ace. "After losing the first set, I just tried to hang in there and wait for my turn to make something happen," said Maria. "I am glad that I managed to play my best tennis today after the first set."

It was Sharapova's ninth career title . She won the Tokyo Open this month then took two weeks off to recover from the flu. Molik was gracious in defeat. "We had a great match. I can safely say that the best player in the tournament won the title here," the Australian said. "I enjoyed coming here as I have done so in the past. I am sure I will come back to Doha next year."

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 27/2/05 02:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maria!
I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work and be ready to take the French and to defend your Wimbledon title.
Good Luck!

 
At 28/2/05 01:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the first guy. I couldn't put it better myself. Great job Maria.

 
At 26/4/05 04:48, Blogger guest said...

And I agree with the first and second guys =)

 
At 24/4/06 14:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look nice good Maria Sharapova photos
http://photo-models.cc/cat70.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs