Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Maria not desperate for TV fame

Maria Sharapova may be just 18 years old , but the blonde Russian pin-up is already dreaming of a life on the silver screen once her playing days are over. However, despite being linked with an appearance on the hit American show ‘Desperate Housewives’, Maria Sharapova insists that there are more Grand Slams to be won before she switches careers.


Maria Sharapova


That ambition starts here on Monday when the second seed kicks off her campaign to add the French Open to the Wimbledon crown she spectacularly claimed last summer. "First of all, I'm not desperate and I'm not a wife so I don't know where that's going to take me," said the Russian. "There's not a lot of time to do acting roles but there are a lot of shows wanting me to have a few moments on them. At this moment there is nothing on the line, so I am not going to be in anything soon. "When I get back to the US after Wimbledon there are a few options of maybe doing something." Her target for the next two weeks is to get through the testing conditions of Roland Garros on a clay surface which she admits is not her favourite although she surprised even herself in 2004 by making the quarter-finals. "In the last two tournaments, I felt better and better with my game on clay. I have played a lot more on clay this year than last and I can last longer, tougher matches which is very important. "I enjoy playing on clay because it teaches me a lot about my game and what I need to improve than on any other surface. It shows my weaknesses and it makes me realise the things I have to work on." Almost twelve months on from her memorable Wimbledon triumph, Maria Sharapova knows expectations on her are high and the limelight is at its brightest. "I didn't have any great expectations when I arrived here last year but I had a pretty good draw and it let me get into the matches as I went on and on. Then I had a good win over Vera Zvonareva and that gave me confidence," she said. "This year is different. I am a lot more experienced, physically I feel a lot stronger and able to last on the court for a long time. I feel like I can last two weeks which I didn't think last year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs