Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Maria wins delayed match
Maria Sharapova stormed past Spain's Nuria Llagostera Vives in straight sets 6-2 6-3 to progress to the quarter-finals of the French Open at Roland Garros.


Maria Sharapova


Maria had few problems winning the match, which had started on Sunday but was interrupted by the rain when she was leading 6-3 3-3. Winner of Wimbledon in 2004, Maria Sharapova is not well known for her record on clay but she insists she is gradually mastering the red surface ahead of her last eight encounter with Henin-Hardenne. "I don't think I need to prove anything to anyone about my level on clay but I am certainly getting better and better," said Maria. "If people underestimate me on clay then they'll be surprised." Regarding her quarter-final clash, she added: "Hopefully I will just go out and be even tougher and play better than I have in my last two matches, that will be the only way to go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs