Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Maria Sharapova defeated Anna Chakvetadze

Maria Sharapova will meet Kim Clijsters, of Belgium, in the semi-finals of the Australian Open after overcoming her compatriot Anna Chakvetadze at Melbourne Park.



Maria Sharapova Australian Open-2007

The top seed Maria, was expected to down the 12th seed with clinical ease in the early quarter-final on the Rod Laver Arena but was made to fight all the way for a 7-6 (7-5), 7-5 win.

Chakvetadze, who defeated Patty Schnyder and Jelena Kostanic Tosic on her way to the quarters, proved to be a worthy adversary, Times Online informs. Heading into her third semi-final appearance in a row at Melbourne Park, Maria Sharapova said she was satisfied with her performance. “I was just very competitive,” she said. “I thought I did the job really well today. Overall I thought it was a bit scratchy. First set I was down a break, but I get back in the groove.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs