Maria Sharapova   Sexy Maria Sharapova Photos   Maria Sharapova Bikini Pictures   Maria Sharapova Fashion Model


Thursday, August 06, 2009

Maria Sharapova defeats Victoria Azarenka in LA

Maria Sharapova played like a contender for the Los Angeles Women's Tennis Championships title with a 6-7 (4), 6-4, 6-2 victory over third-seeded Victoria Azarenka Wednesday night at The Home Depot Center.

Maria Sharapova defeats Victoria Azarenka in LA

Sharapova, still in comeback mode after missing seven months due to shoulder surgery, displayed both her fighting spirit and a steadier game in the 2-hour, 32-minute match, finally taking control in the second and third set with to six of her nine service breaks.

Sharapova's rebuilt serve was erratic, her four aces offset by a dozen double-faults, but she was much steadier with her groundstrokes than Azarenka, of Belarus. "I'm not happy with my game at all. The execution wasn't there today," said Azarenka, who hadn't played since losing in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon. "Maybe it was from not playing, but I have to work hard, for sure. Just too many mistakes. My game wasn't there tonight."


Read full article

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/8/09 22:58, Blogger Strahil said...

Hi Everyone!
I am in need of Maria's match with Flavia Penneta. My TiVo miss fired. I called ESPN but they are not planning to re air it. If someone had taped it please contact me at StrahilHomes@gmail.com. Thank you in advance GO MASHA!!!

 
At 6/7/10 17:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


Love  Frogs